Approximately 342 days of the year, I have "one of those days".
This type of day means I am sitting at work with a long list (crafts I would like to be doing, books I would like to be reading, and recipes I would like to be cooking) running through my head.
Today is one of those days.
To honor it, here is my list of "If I had my druthers I would be.... "
- At home taking down my Christmas tree, but stringing up more beautiful lights in my apartment.
- Cleaning out my craft closet (organizing is the better word to use, since I know I wouldn't actually throw any craft items away)
- Participating in the National Soup Month by putting potato soup in the crockpot
- Cashing in my free coffee coupon at Starbucks
- Playing James Morrison quietly in the background
- Hanging up the heart garland my friend Kate made for me
- Making a "Take What You Need Sign" for all the people I love (I will post on this later, as it really is a sweet idea)
- Making Gavin's prayer chain, and Kyle's bracelets that they have so very patiently been waiting for (sorry guys)
- Reading Flashbang!
- Writing scriptures on pieces of cardboard to hang on my walls
- Planning spring time decorations
- Browsing through my latest Martha Stewart magazine with a pack of post-its close at hand
- Placing my PRE study guide underneath a magazine so that I can ignore it's calls to study
- Attempting to find a Peter Pan shadow decal for sale on the internet
- Cuddling with Rilla, my sweet kitty
- Planning next weeks recipes/menu
- Watching the Civil Wars cover of "Billie Jean", maybe... eh, twenty-seven times
- Planning a cruise with my friend Lynde
- Sewing handkerchiefs onto my living room couch pillows
- Copying poems, quotes and scriptures into my "Collections" journal
The whole idea of "I want to be at home - taking care of my nest, cooking, and crafting" is not a new idea for me.
Note: While I talk about all the things I want to be doing at home... I am so blessed to have the job(s) that I do. I am getting paid to sit here, blogging and doing homework. I have an internship with people that I absolutely love, get along with really well, and I get to work with teenage boys that are funny, clever and brave.
I have a blessed life.