Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Poem for Amanda


I have a best friend who is sweet as can be,
She’s sassy, she’s spunky – she’s stronger than me!

Her freckles are lovely, set off by red hair.
But saying you like them will earn you a glare.

Her eyes clearly are hazel, do not call them brown!
She might sigh, huff and puff and then fake a frown.

She knows how to paint, to draw and to sew.
She is quite the accomplished, that anyone would know.

She’s there when I need her, she’ll drive all the way,
She knows how to listen and just what to say.
Conversing with her, the topics always are deep.
She’s one of the few that keeps making me think.

Amanda, dear Amanda, my sweet pal and bud –
Until you move here with me… my tears will make mud.

1 comment:

  1. yessssssssssss. i enjoyed that. especially the part about your tears making mud. good job.

    ReplyDelete