Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I got the favor!

Philippians 4:19: And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.



Malachi 3:10-11: Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now in this,'' says the Lord of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. 11. "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,'' says the Lord of hosts;



1 Peter 5:7: casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.



Proverbs 8:35: For whoever find me finds life, and recieves favor from the Lord.

Proverbs 3:3-4 (New Living Translation): 3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. 4 Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation.


Psalms 5:12: For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord, You surround him with favor as with a shield.
 
 
How could anyone ever possible say that God doesn't want to give us favor? That He wants to pour out His blessings on us? He cares for us, and He wants our lives to be filled with Him and be filled with good and happy things. And I believe that this favor is evident in our day to day lives. Let me share a story.
 
My best friend, Jennifer, was eating at a restaurant in Murray with a group of old high school friends and somehow got into this same discussion... Jennifer simply said, "I have the favor of God." Her friend said that wasn't true... and that she couldn't just say that. It went back and forth and the whole while Jennifer was insistant upon the fact that she had the favor of God on her life. That she was blessed. This favor/blessing showed up daily, she said. There would be certain situations where she would either recieve something, be protected, or simply blessed. Her friend simply would not believe her. Several minutes later, a waitress walked by with a yummy looking dessert. Jennifer, my always vocal friend, said out loud that it looked amazing. The next time the waitress came back through, she brought Jennifer this exact dessert... free of charge. The reason? She said she felt that Jennifer was favored. Had she heard the conversation and tried to help prove a point? Nope. Not at all. She had no clue.
 
I have a similar story that happened last week. Due to some inconsistancy, forgetfullness and the mistake of "making assumptions" with the head of the social work department, several of the Junior class had some trouble. Apparantly the head advisor didn't inform the students a year ago that they needed to make sure to take so many hours... in order to graduate. Well, right now I can think of about 5 students that this happened to. Everyone was freaking out. Plans were being made for summer classes and 18 hours the next semester. Tempers were rising, brows were lowering, mouths were pouting. The entire classroom was buzzing with the "excitement" of it all. I was getting anxious as well, wondering if the same was going to happen to me, when all of the sudden I remembered that I had the favor of God! And I began claiming it over my life and my situation. I didn't complain with the rest of the class. I simply said that I knew I wasn't going to have to stress about it.... it was going to be allright, no matter how it turned out for me.
 
Well guess what? Due to the amazing Miss Meagan Short, I am perfectly on time to graduate! Two semesters ago I had Meagan, who worked in Sparks hall at the time and helped students with their MAP reports (a "map" that shows you classes and hours you have had or still need to take), look over my classes with me. While everyone else is going to be cramming in summer classes and taking 18 hours next semester in order to graduate on time... I'm relaxing through the summer with no classes. Oh, and I'm only takin 12 hours next semester. It's simply lovely.
 
Now that's favor!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Meagan Short has graduated more people on time from Murray State [with no mistakes] more than anyone that is employed here. She deserves presidency. I'd vote for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie.

    God is so stinkin good!

    ReplyDelete