Monday, November 30, 2009

Romance...

What is romance?

I looked it up online and the first definition is "a relationship between two lovers".
Kind of disappointing to me.
Why you ask?
Well, I'll tell you why.
I have found that I have been using, or thinking the word "romance" or "romantic" lately... now, now, don't be like my Grandma Bertha and start asking me if I have found my man yet, just listen. 

This is "romance" in my opinion...

To me, the idea of Peter Pan is romantic. 
The way that petals fall on the ground and their pale colors contrasted by the green grass... is romantic. 
The way the ocean is constantly changing colors, and teasing the sand... is romantic.
Mysterious wood-elves who have long flowing hair and wear wildflowers in their hair... are romantic. 
I just think that the beautiful things in life, that take my breath away, and make me sigh contentedly... are romantic.

I guess, now that I think of it, the definition I found does suit my feelings... because I just feel completely romanced by God right now.
He is captivated by my attention, and I am by His.
He loves surprising me, and taking my breath away.
He thinks of me day and night.
He constantly wishes to share special moments with me.

We share secret inside-jokes.
I tell Him my deepest fears, my highest dreams, and my thoughts about this day.
He is constantly giving me gifts - seeing five Kingfishers at once, petting a puppy on a special day, planting a flower in my yard, whispering sweet words in my ear while we are walking in the park... 
He is so romantic.

My God is incredible.
And I love Him with all my heart.

Read this and tell me that this is the most romantic thing in the world - because it is.
It's beautiful.
Proverbs 30:4, b
"Who holds the wind in his fists? Who wraps up the ocean in his cloak?"
My beautiful, sweet, lovely, caring, romantic Saviour - that's who.

No comments:

Post a Comment